If security and convenience is important to you, then a driveway gate might just be the thing for you. An automated driveway gate makes accessing your property a little trickier for any unsavory characters that may wander into your area, while still allowing you the easy entry to your home that you’ve always enjoyed.
At first glance, driveway gate benefits are simple: added security, and operation at the touch of a button. But if you look a little deeper, there is more. For instance, with an automated driveway gate, your home is worth more. So boosting your property value is as simple as having a driveway gate and motor installed.
But what features does an automated driveway gate offer? Here are a few of the options that you will have, depending on the type of gate operator you choose:
- Easy sliding or swing motion at the touch of a button.
- Anti crushing and infra red beam protection. Automated driveway gates nearly all come standard with sensors that prevent damage to people and property, but an additional infra red beam set stops the gate from closing on anything anyway.
- Many automated driveway gates have a variety of settings, which, for instance, allow you to only open the gate for a pedestrian, or all the way. A free exit loop also means that anyone already inside your property need not have a remote – or bother you – to exit!
- One of the many driveway gate benefits in terms of security is that they can be installed with a security keypad – which means anyone with your unique code can access your property without a remote – great if you’re expecting guests! Or choose to have an intercom system fitted, that allows you to open the gate from inside the house – only if you want to.
- Many automated driveway gate operators come with backup batteries, and even solar panels – which means that even when there’s a power failure, your driveway gate will work the way you want it to.
When it comes to security, it’s surprising how many people are attacked or robbed in their own driveways, and not only at their homes. Offices, factories and other commercial buildings are also targets.
By choosing to install an automated driveway gate, you minimize the likelihood that anyone will be lurking alongside your drive when you return home, or to the office, and that you’ll be the victim of a crime. In fact, with so many driveway gate benefits (not least of which is not having to get out of the car in the rain to open them) there’s no question that a driveway gate is a critical part of a home or office security system.
When you do choose to install an automated driveway gate, make sure that you choose the best gate, and motor, that you can afford. Cheap options, or those designed for very light duty, may not last as long as you’d like – and the replacement costs can be steep!